Want to know more?
The Butterfly; motion & space
Vata dosha rules motion and space in the body and mind, so individuals high in Vata tend to be flighty, easily distracted, highly intuitive and creative thinkers. With all this movement, their mind tends to race towards anxiety, which keeps them from sleeping well at night. And it also dries out their skin and insides, making them prone to wrinkles, constipation and gas.
- Oval face
- Small, unfocused eyes
- Thin lips
- Long neck
- Narrow bones
- Dry skin
In Balance, Vata dosha is...
- Extremely creative
- Vivacious and enthusiastic
- Able to focus and sustain energy well
Out of Balance, Vata dosha is...
- Fearful, restless and nervous
- Constipated, gassy, and bloated
- Likely to have dry, wrinkled skin
- Exhausted and depleted
Bring balance to Vata dosha...
- Eat your meals at the same time every day
- Make sure your meals are warm, nourishing and well-spiced
- Avoid cold beverages and sip warm tea throughout the day instead
- Practice daily abhyanga [self-massage] with a grounding body oil
- Use calming and grounding supplements, like our Calm Tincture
- Take in relaxing and earthy aromas, like Cedar, Forest blend, Dream blend, and Vetiver
- Walk and drive more slowly
- Listen to smooth, evenly paced music, like kirtan or reggae
- Cultivate faith
The Dragon; transformation
Pitta dosha, made up predominantly of the Fire element (with just a touch of water), rules digestion and transformation. Individuals high in Pitta dosha digest not only food quickly, but also information and experiences. This strong fire makes individuals high in Pitta dosha courageous and ambitious, but can also lead to inflammation, especially in their skin and eyes. So, they are prone to red skin, acne, hives, and red, inflamed eyes.
- Square face
- Medium-sized, intense, focused eyes
- Medium bones, not narrow or wide
- Lean with good muscle tone
- Red, irritated skin and/or freckles
In Balance, Pitta dosha is...
- Joyous and hilarious
- Sustainably efficient
Out of Balance, Pitta dosha is...
- Physically and mentally inflamed
- Prone to diarrhea or loose stools
- Plagued by various skin imbalances from acne to hives to sunburn
- Burnt out from their own intensity
Bring balance to Pitta dosha...
- Adopt a more chillaxed pace in all areas of life
- Eat three solid, good-sized meals every day
- Drink cooling teas throughout the day
- Massage your skin with our Clearing body oil or your own blend using Coconut oil
- Use soft and calming essential oils, like Wild Agonis, Indian Peppermint and Sweet Fennel in daily massage and in your AromaMist diffuser
- Practice regular moderate exercise
- Cultivate compassion and non-judgment
The Tortoise; stable & smooth
Kapha dosha, ruled by the concept of stability, is most well-known for its heavy and dense qualities. It is made up of the elements Earth and Water and manifests in our bones and muscles. Individuals high in Kapha dosha tend to have wider bones, luxurious features and smooth, lustrous skin. All that earth and water, however, can also make our Kapha friends stagnant, with slow digestions, excess weight, and stubborn personalities.
- Round face
- Large, gentle moist eyes
- Thick lips
- Wide bones
- Fleshier body
- Smooth, lustrous skin
In Balance, Kapha dosha is...
- Unconditionally loving and open-hearted
- Calm, steady and graceful
Out of Balance, Kapha dosha is...
- Overly attached, greedy and lazy
- Overweight and overflowing with abundant mucus and sweat
Bring balance to Kapha dosha...
- Get out of bed early and often
- Perform vigorous exercise daily
- Tongue scrape every morning to detoxify your body
- Massage your skin with our Awaken body oil to get an energizing start to the day
- Put uplifting, citrus-forward or warming essential oils, like Grapefruit, Lemon and Cinnamon in your AromaMist diffuser
- Do not oversleep or take naps during the day
- Emphasize uplifting colors like lemon yellow, pure white, and gold in your home
- Practice letting go